Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Have you taken a walk with God recently?

The air is getting cooler and the trees are changing color. I enjoy this time of year, although I must say honestly, that warmer weather appeals more to my California blood! This season is absolutely gorgeous, so I have found myself taking more walks around the neighborhood. 

I have been reminded of when Adam walked with God in the garden. Wouldn't that have been a neat thing to do if we were living back then--to communicate with our Creator and to have Him communicate back verbally? I'm thankful that we can still talk to God anytime, anywhere, and about anything. He is always listening, but we must listen closely to Him as He speaks to us through His Word.

I've had some burdens in my heart this week. On this particular walk, I asked God a lot of questions and told Him my desires. He has immediately comforted me with His Word and through the encouragement of dear friends. 

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

Although I'm still waiting for answers, I know that God is working all things for good. He loves me and cares about all the details of my life. 

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:4-5

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Amen, Theo. Thanks for sharing; your words & the corresponding verses are an encouragment to me. I'll pray for you today.

Erin said...

I'm a little jealous of your fall beauty. The weather here is just not cooperating and we missed all the fall colors this year. It went from green to dead and now all the leaves are dropping off the trees.

God is so good!!!! I have been going through a lot recently and He just proves Himself faithful time and time again.

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers, ladies. God is good--I have to keep on reminding myself of that.:)