Monday, October 5, 2009

God continues to supply our needs

Not long ago, I wrote a post sharing the blessings God has given us since we've transitioned into a new ministry. There have been more things that have happened that I'd like to share with you. I've reminded myself over and over again of the verse that says, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19) As things have been tighter financially, we have seen God provide for our needs on a daily basis. He's surprised us in ways that not only have encouraged our hearts, but have also increased our faith. Our God is good--all the time!

1. We received so much help renovating the parsonage. Several church members came day after day for about three weeks to work. The cost of everything was taken care of by the church.

2. A family from our last church gave us a 50 pound bag of wheat! I'll be busy for a long time using my new grain mill to make homemade breads.

3. While Q's parents were here visiting last month, they brought us some helpful books (on running a church), sewing goodies, and gave us money to use to buy any necessities for the house. They also treated us to some wonderful meals and a scrumptious dessert at The Cheesecake Factory.

4. Our friend, Memory, gave us some fresh peaches, plums and tomatoes. 

5. Memory's grandmother goes to the church here in Lafayette. (That's how the connection took place for Q and I to transition here.) We're so grateful to her for the times that we stayed at her house a few days at a time as we worked on the house. She took care of us in so many ways and was so fun to be with.

6. Randy, a plumber we know from our last church, donated his services and some items to our house.

7. We're thankful to the Hartman's and Seal's who helped us move here. The rental of the truck was provided for as well.

8. Quentin has been working for an inventory company called RGIS. Although they have odd hours, we've been grateful for work. He also started training for another job today, which will probably end up being the permanent job of the two. He'll be helping out at a group home for disabled/mentally challenged adults a few days a week. This one offers a great health insurance plan and the cost is better if he can be a full-time employee. (Pray with us about this.)

9. The Albertson's store in town is closing down. We've been able to get lots of deals on pantry items to stock up on!

10. A love offering was given to us anonymously this past Sunday at church.

Isn't the Lord great to provide for our needs? Last night, one of the hymns we sang is called, "All That Thrills My Soul." It reminded me that my contentment should be on the Lord and not on circumstances. I must continue praising Him in all things. Here are some of the words of the song for you. Hope they are an encouragement to your heart as they are to mine.

All That Thrills My Soul
by Thoro Harris (verses 1, 2, & 4)

Who can cheer the heart like Jesus,
By His presence all divine?
True and tender, pure and precious,
O how blest to call Him mine!

Love of Christ so freely given, 
Grace of God beyond degree,
Mercy higher than the heaven,
Deeper than the deepest sea!

Ev'ry need His hand supplying,
Ev'ry good in Him I see;
On His strength divine relying,
He is all in all to me.

Chorus: All that thrills my soul is Jesus,
He is more than life to me;
And the fairest of ten thousand
In my blessed Lord I see.

4 comments:

The Watts Family said...

God does supply all our needs! wonderful Praises!~Blessings Heather

Erin said...

We have such a faithful God!

Abigail said...

Praise the Lord! So glad to read all that!

Theo-Ann said...

Yup--praise the Lord, so many times over and over!:)