Thursday, October 29, 2009

Annalina's sweet birthday gift

Our niece, Annalina, will turn six years old in about a week. I finished a special gift for her today that I know she will love.

I used Simplicity pattern 4254 for this adorable doll outfit. It is a vintage pattern that offers several styles of clothing in three sizes. I used the medium size, which fits dolls that are 16-18 inches. I loved the way it turned out, especially with the added baby rick rack.

I hand-stitched the rick-rack bow onto the top corner of the sleeveless shirt.

I've been out of store-bought "handmade by" labels, so for the last couple projects, I've made my own using iron-on hem tape and a permanent marker. If I got some colored markers, I know I can get pretty fancy with these.

Using left over fabric, I made this tote bag. It measures 10" by 10 3/4". I added a vinyl pocket that can also be used to show a favorite photo. The key to sewing vinyl on is to use a sheet of tissue paper underneath it as you sew it on so that it glides well while stitching. Then, you just tear the tissue paper off. I really liked the way it turned out--hey, I may even make one for myself!

I finished her gift by making her this birthday card. I stitched a flower on, then Q wrote a sweet message inside.

Happy Birthday, Annalina!

2 comments:

The Watts Family said...

Oh you did a great job on that so cute!! ~Blessings Heather ;D

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks so much. Hope she likes it.:)