Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Knitting with Mia

As soon as Q and I got to my sister's place, Mia wanted to start learning how to knit. We went into her room and I started teaching her the basic steps. She chose to make a wristlet with some multi-colored yarn.

A couple days later, we were in the car on our way to Universal Studios. We spent a few hours playing games and knitting to pass the time. Mia and I worked on this project together and look how it came out....

I showed her how to bind off and sew the ends into the project. Then, she started practicing with another ball of yarn....

I encouraged both she and Annalina to look up books at their local libraries so that they can continue practicing on their own. I know both girls will be fantastic knitters. I can't wait to see what kinds of things they'll make on their own.

It was a lot of fun knitting with my other favorite girl in the whole world!:) Happy knitting, Mia!

Next up...fun in Hollywood! Come back soon...

No comments: