Monday, July 26, 2010

The beginning of a new adventure...

On the same day we left Q's sister and family, we arrived in San Francisco to be with my side of the family. On the way there, we stopped in Oakland to see my cousin, Sonia, and her son, Eric.

For years, we've called her Pily, the nickname she was given as a kid. When she first moved from Puerto Rico to the states, she and her sister lived with us for a while (her dad and younger brother eventually moved in with us for a short time, too). I'm glad we've been able to keep in touch all of these years.

After eating lunch with Pily and Eric, we arrived at my sister's place. She invited Grace and Florence over for dinner. My sister, Raquel, met Grace in a Tae-bo class, but Q and I already knew her and Florence. Abigail and Florence were good friends in college, so the entire Johnson family got to know her well. Florence played the violin at our wedding, too. I thought it was pretty neat how Raquel and Grace got to know each other and realized that they both had connections with us.:)

Mia decorated a cake at a birthday party earlier in the day, and she wanted us to enjoy it after dinner. It was really good--white frosting with a lemon filling...yum!

She decorated her cake with lots of color. It came out really cute.

Q hadn't met Eli until that night, and the two hit it off pretty well. This was the beginning of a new adventure, and I've got more to share in the next few posts about our time together. It was a lot of fun.

Stay tuned for more fun and crafts with my side of the family!:)

No comments: