Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This year's graduation gifts

I had fun making cards and gifts for this year's graduates. The 3x3" card below is similar to ones I've made before. I used the cap and confetti stamps and used stamp pads that matched the school colors.

This year I wrote "Congrats!" on the front. Other options would be to write, "Class of...", "You did it!", "Congratulations Graduate!", etc. I used a quote stamp for the inside of the card.

For the grads who I had as third graders, I made this picture collage. I chose my favorites and took them to an office supply store to get them printed on one page. I used stickers to decorate the top. I wrote a note to each of them on the back then slipped them inside a clear page protector. I've done this another time, and they really seem to like this.

I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to make these cute little cookies called lemon gems. They look so pretty in the bag tied with ribbon. I found sticker labels especially designed for packaged baked goods at a Borders store. The cookies are delicious....but you'll just have to wait for the recipe. It will be coming soon....

What handmade gifts have you made especially for graduates? I'd love to hear your ideas!:)

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Wow, that is a really special card for them. Great idea!