Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A special memory book

I finally finished a project that's been long overdue. It's a scrapbook for my niece, Mia, that shows some of the fun things we did together this past Christmas. The idea for the book came from something she started when we were together.  Every time we did something together or did a craft, she'd say, "Let's write it on our list." I kept that scrap piece of paper because I thought it would be neat to do something with it. Making a scrapbook seemed like the best thing to do.

Here are a couple of the pages, including the cover which reads, "Fun with Mia."  I used a 5" x 7" blank book with 16 pages in it to make this scrapbook.  I found a mini card kit with stickers and the matching ribbon at Target (on clearance!). 



The cover of the book had a window, so I placed a picture of the two of us inside.  I made a frame with ribbon and placed tiny buttons on the four corners. 



There were 20 things we did, each labeled with a number sticker. The page above is one of my favorites. We made a treasure map to go in her brother's treasure chest, so I drew a picture of it on the page.  I put the picture of her dressed up like a princess pirate. I'm sure she'll love that one.  The page below shows a picture of us at the Jelly Belly Factory.  I used a jelly bean stamp to stamp on both sides of the picture.

I can't wait to hear how Mia enjoys her new book...should find out in a couple days. :)


No comments: