Thursday, April 23, 2009

Egg-free spiced pancakes

Since Q is at a pastor's conference tonight, I decided to make something quick and easy for my dinner. Isn't breakfast food awesome to have for dinner? I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine. Instead of using all white flour, I put in half white and half wheat. I like to add in wheat flour whenever I can. It's healthy and more filling! I also doubled the recipe so that I could freeze some and enjoy more of these pancakes at a later time.

Egg-Free Spiced Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fat-free milk (low-fat is okay, too)
2 tablespoons canola oil
Maple syrup, optional

In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes

No comments: