Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bible verse candle holder

This is a little something I put together for Q for Christmas--a candle holder with one of his favorite Bible verses on it!

I bought the votive candle holder and a set of tea lights at the Dollar Tree. Then, I used some paints I had on hand to make this simple gift. Using craft paint I already had, I painted the words to the verse found in II Corinthians 4:3 which says, "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost." It was tricky trying to figure out how I would get it all on there, but I did, and was able to fit in the reference, too. Using some gold glitter fabric paint, I made some swirlies all around the bottom of the glass. I used a paint brush to do this.

The verse I used made me think of another one that is also perfect for this type of craft--"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16 I think if you choose to do this verse, you may have to get a bigger candle holder.:) Both verses speak about being that "light"--a testimony to the world. I really wanted this little candle to shine brightly when lit so that my husband and others who see it can be encouraged to shine for Christ.

The gold paint really makes the fire glow and I love it! This is a simple craft idea with BIG impact, don't you think? Hope you can use this idea for your home or as a gift to someone special in your life.

Let your light shine brightly today!

No comments: