Friday, October 1, 2010

Our Garden: still harvesting...

We can't believe that we're still getting some goodies in our garden. The strawberries keep on coming, and they are such a delightful treat!

Q pulled up the carrots, which didn't do well this season. I'm surprised he found some of these strange-looking veggies...

Q put some corn on our porch, which he thinks are probably a bit starchy. I haven't taken a peek at them though...hmmmm...I wonder what we'll do with them.

These big tomatoes are finally ripening up! The weather hasn't been too cold yet, but I know I should pull some of these off before we get a frost.

And then, there's the pumpkin patch--I can't wait to bring them in and cook the meat. We have ten out there and I will be making at least one of them into a fall decoration.

Are any of you still getting some veggies in your garden? I'd love to hear about it.:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow....that is great you are still getting some vegetables. I had to take my garden down it attracted rats and all sorts of pests. and we were having so many problems becuase of it. But I did get some amazing Zucchini before we took it down they were the biggest I had ever seen!! Enjoy your veggies!! ~Heather