Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Homemade Gatorade

A church friend of mine talked to me the other day about something she uses to help her feel better on bad days.  She has fibromyalgia and says that the a mix of homemade gatorade really helps her a lot.  I thought I would give it a try since sometimes I've got days where I get really tired, especially now with my health issue.  Supposedly, this is what Lance Armstrong uses on his bike races...so, why not give it a try, eh?  Here's the recipe:

Use a water bottle (she gave me a mix using an Arrowhead water bottle that is 1 pt., 0.9 fluid oz.) to mix the following combination of ingredients:  1 tsp. salt, 20% juice, 80% water.  Make sure that you use 100% fruit juice.  You can also start off with a smaller amount of salt when you're first beginning to use it.

Give it a try and let me know how you feel.:)  It's wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent recipe Theo. Living in Florida I can defintely use this to stay hydrated:)
Christina