Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toddler pillowcase dress

After I made my first two pillowcase dresses, I brought them to church to show a few of the ladies. One of them asked me if I'd be willing to make one for her great-granddaughter for a Christmas present.

I bought Simplicity pattern 2383 to make a size two pillow case dress. I went shopping with Mary to choose fabrics for the dress, since we didn't have a pillowcase to start with. After a few days and several hours of work, this is how it turned out:

My favorite part of the dress is the applique'. I think it turned out so cute! This little girl will look adorable wearing this in the summer time.

The ladybug's legs and antennae are made from ribbon looped together. The stitching was done on my machine, except for the eyes.

I would love to make another dress like this, but don't have the opportunity yet! Since we have two little boys now, I've been trying to think of things I'd like to make for them. However, that will have to happen once I get more of a routine down--I've not done any sewing since their arrival...oh well...

1 comment:

ExploreColorado said...

What an adorable idea :D I really like that.