Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Case of the Missing Camera

Our camera is missing! I feel so horrible about this, but there's still hope that it can be found.

I'll start at the beginning....

Last night, I went to our former church in Fort Collins for a sacred concert. I rode with a few ladies from my church and we had a great time. I took a picture and some videos of part of the concert and couldn't wait to show them to Q. I also had some pictures for upcoming posts on there, too. Since my purse was too full to hold it, I held onto it while I spoke to old friends after the concert.

There were cds for sale, and there talked with a couple of friends about which ones I should buy. They said that they were headed to Memory's place for dessert like I was (and the rest of the ladies from my church), so they offered to take me there. I had to stop at our condo to pick up keys and take a look since our renters moved out recently. So they graciously took me there and soon we were on our way to Memory's place.

It was fun eating and talking, but soon it was time to leave. It was getting late and we had to drive an hour to get back here. As I gathered my things, I realized my camera was gone. The friends who had taken me there had just left and I asked Memory if she could call them and see if it was in their car. They said that it wasn't. My only other thought is that it got placed on the cd table while I paid for my new cds and I didn't pick it back up. There's a big chance that it was found there and placed in the usher's closet (where they put lost and found). My biggest fear is that it dropped out of my hands somewhere outside and didn't even realize it.

I know that it is just a thing, but it is an important one for recording memories with families, friends and the crafts I do. Q and I have had that camera since right before our wedding and it has done such a great job for us. I will call Memory tomorrow to see if she can find anything out for me. She is also the church secretary, so I know she'll be a big help. Other than that, I don't know what else to do except pray--yes, we can still pray for these "little" things. I hope and pray that it is there and that we can pick it up soon.

Today, I pulled out my film camera that took wonderful pictures for me before the digital one came along. I took some of the same pictures I have these last few days. I'm hoping they turn out and that I can scan them and show them to all of you with my posts.:) If the digital camera never returns to us, pray that we can find a great camera at a super price. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

There are lots of memories that I want to capture in the days ahead. With our foster-adoption process moving along faster than we have anticipated, we want to have a camera (perhaps with a video feature) to capture those moments with our new kids.:) Plus, I'd love to still show you pictures of the things we're involved with and the crafts I make.

In the mean time, I'll do my best to share things to be an encouragement and help to you while I wait to figure out the status of our camera. I will keep you posted. Pray that all works out at the end. God may just have a new camera for us that will be better for us in the years ahead (and in the mean time, I'll try not to feel so bad about the other one, because I shouldn't cry over spilled milk, right?)

Until next time....

No comments: