Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spring cleaning: our bathroom

Hurray! The entire house is now done...right before summer officially begins this coming week. It feels really good to be done. Next year, I will begin earlier, and I won't have as many projects (at least I don't think so!) because some of the work in each room had to do with decorating and getting things organized in our new place.

There are a few things I have added to a project list that should get done this summer. Sometimes lists just get longer, so we'll just see how well we do in the next few months. ;)

Here's what gone done in our bathroom:

1. The fabric shower curtain was washed.
2. The sink, tub, toilet and walls were cleaned thoroughly.
3. Parts of the ceiling were cleaned because I saw some orangy-yellow spots up there. (Does anyone know what causes that? It was easily cleaned off, but I'd hate to keep wiping them off every few months!)
4. The vanity and cupboards were cleaned and organized.
5. The clock and mirror were cleaned.
6. The floor was mopped.

Here's a project for this summer...see the space above the new heater that was installed? It's a terrible eye sore and I don't know what to do with it. I've thought about sticking in some fake flowers in there, but I'm not sure if it would look good. The pictures to the left can be moved (or removed because they're just $1 store finds and I'm okay to part with them) to make the new decoration above the heater work. What do you think? Can you help me out?:)

Let me know if you have any creative ideas for my bathroom problem. I'd love to hear them. 

No comments: