Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pressing forward in 2010

Happy New Year! I can't believe we're in 2010 already. We can thank the Lord for what He did for us in 2009 and anticipate what he has in store for this new year. Are you excited about looking forward and resting in God's sovereignty for your life?

Last year at this time I wrote a post on New Year's goals. I hope it gives you ideas on how to write your own for the year if you haven't done so already. I've thought some about what I'd like to accomplish in the days ahead, but they mirror much of what I've written down in the past--read my Bible and pray daily, love and submit to Q, stay faithful to church and the ministry, improve my sewing skills, work on strengthening my musical talents, etc. Besides getting to know others in my community and witness to them, I'd like to try more new recipes this year. 

Along with these goals, I have desires that I've given to the Lord. Most of them are not things that I can do anything about except to pray and see how God works. I'm continually learning to give these over to the One who can do all things wonderfully in His time.

Finally, I'd like to encourage you to press forward in this new year. Sometimes we are discouraged by past sin, failures, and hurts. But God doesn't want us to stay in that "rut." We cannot be successful if we keep looking back. Philippians 3:13-14 says, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." We must learn to forgive ourselves, forgive others and delight in the Lord who loves and forgives unconditionally.

What are some of your goals for the new year? How are you going to accomplish them?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Theo!!
You are a most welcomed encouragement in my life, thank you for this blog!
On God's Side,
Christina

Theo-Ann said...

You're welcome, Christina. Thanks for your friendship and words of encouragement, too. Have a wonderful 2010!:)