Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Music to encourage your heart this Christmas

Usually at this time of year, Q and I attend quite a few parties and programs put on by both church and school. But now that we are in a smaller church with no Christian school, we have not attended so many this season. I've had memories of last year's Christmas concert with my choirs and have really missed it. Maybe someday the Lord will allow me to have a choir again. I loved my time with the kids, encouraging them with their musical talents.

I am thankful that we had a nice program this past Sunday at church that I could be a part of and enjoy. We had singers, a poetry reader and our staff evangelist bring a short message. We also happened to have a missionary family there, so they presented their work and the father preached the main message.

One of my favorite songs to sing is "Gesu Bambino" which is translated, "Infant Jesus." I sang most of it in English, then sang one of the choruses in Italian. I hope to someday record this song for you, but in the meantime, here are the words to this classic Christmas song. I know they will encourage your heart.

Gesu Bambino
by Frederick H. Martens and Pietro A. Yon

When blossoms flowered 'mid the snows upon a winter night
Was born the Child, the Christmas Rose, the King of Love and Light.
The angels sang, the shepherds sang, the grateful earth rejoiced,
And at His blessed birth the stars their exultation voiced.

O come let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord.

Again the heart with rapture glows to greet the holy night
That gave the world its Christmas Rose, its King of Love and Light,
Let every voice acclaim His name, The grateful chorus swell,
From paradise to earth He came that we with Him might dwell.

Venite adoremus, Venite adoremus, 
Venite adoremus, Dominum.

Ah....O come let us adore Him,
Ah....adore Him Christ the Lord.
O come,  O come, O come let us adore Him,
Let us adore Him...Christ the Lord.

For the past several years, members from our new church have attended a Christmas concert put on by Abbas Ministries, Inc. It's hosted by Columbine Baptist Church in Denver. Most of the program consists of members of the Abbas family. They also invite friends and children from area churches to take a part in it. Since Q had to work last night, Zann (a friend from church) and I drove down together and really had a great time at the concert.

Here are a few of my favorite video clips for you to enjoy. This first one is of the kids playing bells to "Angels we have heard on high." I think this would be fun to do with kids in our church.


This next one is of a young lady named Emily Levin playing "Let it Snow" on her harp. This past October, Emily placed in the top three in Israel's International Harp Competition. She's an amazing harpist!


These last numbers were ones that the audience got to participate in. The brass ensemble played "Jingle Bells" while people rattled their keys. You'll see Zann's keys jingling in the clip.:) The last song for the evening was "Silent Night." We were accompanied by piano and harp. Someone also signed it for the hearing impaired. You'll hear my voice singing in this one, too. I just couldn't sit there while everyone around me sang.



Hope you enjoyed this mini concert! Next year, I'll have to take Q with me, as I know he'll enjoy it, too. 

1 comment:

My Bambino said...

Great Post.....

I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

Thanks for sharing....