Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby cloth book

My friend, Kelly, is about to give birth to her first baby any day now, so I just mailed her this gift: a cloth book titled, Jesus and Me.

When I saw the fabric for it at Wal-mart, I knew I had to get it. A yard of the fabric included directions and the pages needed to make this cloth book. The design is by Michelle Palmer and was printed by the Daisy Kingdom Company. I bought low-loft batting and blue piping. The piping was sewn around the front and back covers, and the batting placed inside the pages before they were sewn together.

I love the sweetness of this entire book. The characters are sooo cute! Take a look at my favorite pages:

"He put a new song in my heart..."

"He makes us all special in our own way..."

"He holds us tight in His arms..."

I had fun making my first-ever soft baby book. Also included in the fabric were several motifs to be used for different things. They could be appliqued on clothing or on decorations for a baby's room. I decided to use a couple of them for a unique toy--but, you'll have to wait until I post about it. It will be soon--I promise!:)

No comments: