Friday, December 4, 2009

Canon's coins

A few days ago, Q and I were trying to decide what to give our nephew, Canon, for his birthday next week. We talked about getting him some coins for his collection, so yesterday, Q came home with these:

In the mix were buffalo nickels and liberty dimes, most of them dating to the early 1900's. One of the coins was from the late 1800's--wow! I decided to make a drawstring pouch to put them in.

The scrap piece of fabric I used has antlers all over it--perfect for a little man. I put a piece of black rat tail cord through the casing and tied it up! This gift is now on it's way. We know Canon will love it.

Have you come up with a small, but meaningful gift for a family member or friend that they absolutely loved? I would love to hear what you did. :)

No comments: