Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A lifesaver in the kitchen

I know it's been a while, but things have been super busy around here. With fighting a cold and getting A ready for school, life right now is having me focus on more important things.

But--I wanted to share with you something that has been motivating me to do better at meal planning and cooking during this busy time of taking care of two little girls. My sister-in-law told me about E-mealz, a website devoted to helping others with this endeavor. For a small monthly fee you get a 7-day menu plan (just dinners) and shopping list at the grocery store of your choice (there are a couple to choose from or you can choose an option to use another store). They keep your shopping cost low by searching for deals and listing store-brand items on the shopping list. They do it all (minus the shopping, of course!).

Isn't that amazing? Even though I have always enjoyed putting together a meal, things get crazy around here and sometimes it forces me to do something easy--which is not always the healthiest food to eat, either. But with this system, I am cooking meals again and everyone loves them. I chose the 4-6 person low-fat plan, using Wal-mart as my store. I always have leftovers for the next day, so that helps, too. I don't usually choose all seven meals, but rather my favorite 3-4, which lasts all week.

So, what do you think? Check out the site today if you'd like to learn more about it (click on the link above).

Below is a picture of one of our favorite meals so far--Apple Baked French Toast....yum!


2 comments:

BearBear said...

Wow this sounds like exactly what I need!! I am not a couponer and just sitting down for "the plan" before shopping has gone by the wayside lately as we are in the middle of moving. Thanks so much for sharing this, I am going to subscribe for sure! yay.

Heather said...

Theo Ann I am so glad you found me again I fell out of touch when I switched blogs!! We will not have internet for a little bit but when I get hooked up again I will catch up on your blogs!! I am so excited to read you are foster parents!! I can't wait to read about it I am so happy for you~ Thanks for linking up with me again I can't wait to read about what God has been doing with your family so exciting!! ttys Love Heather