Monday, June 20, 2011

Fishing cupcakes

I hope all of you dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day. I'm thankful for my dad and all of the time he spent with us girls...teaching us about the Lord, taking us to fun places and being a huge support in our lives.

Remember those "mum" cupcakes A and I made for Mother's Day? Well, we decided to make something for the dads this year. I found these fishing cupcakes and knew this would be it (she gives a complete tutorial, so head on over there)! As Q and A love to go fishing together, I knew she would enjoy helping me and giving one to him, too.

Aren't they the cutest thing? Since we were in a hurry to get these done, I actually made the cupcakes myself, but then A helped with the frosting later. I even taught her how to pipe the frosting, and hers went to Q. It was really sweet. The fishing pole required using a needle, so I did that as well. But as always, A was right there watching me do it.:)

We took a plate over for the dads in our church. They all liked these very much. You'll just have to try them, too....perhaps for another celebration this summer! It would be nice for a get together at the lake with friends and family, or for a child's birthday party.

Have a great time creating these cupcakes that will be a hit at your next celebration.:)

No comments: